Monday 17 September 2012

Christina shows off curves at awards as she launches single with naked cover art

Christina Aguilera The singer was presented with a special award for her philanthropic work at the starstudded American Latino Media Arts awards (ALMAs).
Christina, 31, was honoured for her charitable work supporting World Hunger Relief, her aid work in Haiti and Guatemala and the campaigning she has done for gay and lesbian rights, as well as helping the victims of domestic abuse.
She was joined at the Los Angeles bash by some of Hollywood's most famous Latinas, including host Eva Longoria, Nicole Richie and America Fererra.
But Christina was the biggest star of the night - showcasing her hour-glass figure in a tight-fitting black lace Michael Kors dress and with her hair pulled back into a purple ponytail.
Christina Aguilera looked curvy receiving her ALMA
Prize-winning figure ... Christina squeezed into a black lace dress that showed off every curve
The mum of one has piled on the pounds since she gave birth to son Max in 2008.
Her fuller figure has attracted criticism from fans who preferred the skinny frame she sported when she shot to fame more than a decade ago.
But Christina insists she loves her new look - and so does her boyfriend Matthew Rutler.
Christina Aguilera awarded for charity work
Philanthropist ... she was honoured for her charitable work at the ceremony
She recently said: "The challenge I’ve always had is being too thin, so I love that now I have a booty.
"As long as I'm happy in my own skin, that's all I need. And I'm happy with where I'm at.
"I have a boyfriend that loves my body. I love my body."
Christina Aguilera in black lace
Latin lovely ... The ALMAs celebrate achievement within the Latin artistic community
Christina's so confident about her shape she stripped completely naked for the cover of her new single Your Body - her first new release in two years.
The singer poses nude behind a sheer sheet in the saucy cover, which was unveiled in the US on Friday.
Christina Aguilera's new single, Your Body
Sheer class ... Christina poses naked on the cover of her new single
In an interview to mark the release, Christina insisted the single was a "rebirth" for her.
She said: "There is a lot I have gone through personally over the past few years, and this record represents a rebirth for me.
"The record is about freedom and getting back to the root of who I am and what I love to do."
Christina Aguilera in slimmer days
As she was ... Christina's skinnier figure, before she became a mum

No comments:

Post a Comment