Wednesday 12 September 2012

Mel B goes topless to promote breast cancer awareness... as husband Stephen Belafonte gives her a hand protecting her modesty


She's regularly seen in outfits which highlight her ample cleavage.
And now Mel B has used her curves for a good cause, stripping off to promote a new breast cancer awareness campaign in the latest issue of Cosmopolitan magazine
The Spice Girls star, 37, enlisted the help of her husband Stephen Belafonte as the pair recreated Janet Jackson's iconic Rolling Stone cover, with Stephen using his hands to protect his wife's modesty.
'I love boobs!' Mel B enlisted the help of her husband Stephen Belafonte as she posed topless to promote breast cancer awareness
'I love boobs!' Mel B enlisted the help of her husband Stephen Belafonte as she posed topless to promote breast cancer awareness

The sexy shot of Mel and her husband was taken to raise awareness of charity CoppaFeel! ahead of Breast Cancer Awareness month. 

In the accompanying interview, Mel said it was important to her to highlight such a worthy cause.
She said: ' I found a lump when I was 17 and freaked out. It turned out it was nothing but it terrified me. Ever since, I’ve always been one for checking, then double checking.
Steamy: Jorgie Porter also appeared in the campaign alongside her Hollyoaks co-star boyfriend James Atherton
Steamy: Jorgie Porter also appeared in the campaign alongside her Hollyoaks co-star boyfriend James Atherton
The original: The quartet were taking inspiration from Janet Jackson's 1993 Rolling Stone cover
The original: The quartet were taking inspiration from Janet Jackson's 1993 Rolling Stone cover
She added: 'I love boobs. Me and the other Spice Girls are always having a feel of each other’s – Geri came up behind me and grabbed mine the other day.'
And Stephen was also more than happy to give his wife a hand for the shot, telling Cosmopolitan: 'I’m a boob man so I had absolutely no problem doing this shoot or helping my wife check her breasts.

'What man wouldn’t like that? It’s a fun thing to do and so very important.'
Mel wasn't the only star to bare all for the campaign, as Hollyoaks beauty Jorgie Porter also stripped off for a steamy picture alongside boyfriend James Atherton.
Talking about taking part in the campaign, Jorgie, 24, said: 'I was so excited to take part in this shoot with James. Janet Jackson’s Rolling Stone cover is so iconic. But it’s for a great cause too.

'Checking your boobs can be scary – you don’t want to find anything. But it’s so important you do as it could save your life. James and I make it fun – plus, I check his bits too!'
Jorgie's fellow Hollyoaks star James added: 'Raising awareness of any type of cancer is something that’s close to my heart.

'It’s a terrible illness and seeing someone you love go through it is devastating. In the case of breast cancer, a simple check can prevent it spreading. There will be regular boob checks for us now!'

No comments:

Post a Comment