Monday 12 November 2012

Nicki Minaj uses reality show to blast Mariah Carey's 'nitpicking' and 'passive aggressive comments' on Idol

With American Idol continuing to film auditions until the end of the year, an uneasy truce appears to have been called between Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey following their explosive row last month.
But during the second part of her reality show Nicki Minaj: My Truth, the 29-year-old singer is seen reacting to the news that video of the argument has hit the Internet.
'She's admitted she did not want another female doing the show,' Nicki is seen telling Young Money president Mack Maine about Mariah on Sunday night's instalment. 'She didn't want someone stealing her shine.'
Rant: Nicki Minaj launches into her fellow American Idol judge Mariah Carey on the second part of her reality show My Truth, which aired on U.S. network E! on Sunday night
Rant: Nicki Minaj launches into her fellow American Idol judge Mariah Carey on the second part of her reality show My Truth, which aired on U.S. network E! on Sunday night

Feud: Nicki Minaj went on the offensive against fellow Idol judge Mariah Carey
Feud: Nicki Minaj went on the offensive against fellow Idol judge Mariah Carey 
'Twenty minutes before that happened, she egged me on,' adds Nicki about the row. 'I just know that I had reached my boiling point.

'I stormed off the stage because I didn’t want to do that. I left and when I came back, it was another jab.'
Nicki goes on to accuse Mariah of: 'Nitpicking nitpicking nitpicking. I stay away from that.
'I had to make it clear that if you do this again, I'm going to do this again.'
The row broke out between the judges of the 12th season of the show, when the divas disagreed over a contestant's performance.
In leaked video, Nicki can be heard saying: 'I told them I'm not f*****g putting up with her f*****g highness over there [Referring to Mariah]. Figure it the f*** out.  Figure it out.'
Mariah can also be heard answering back in the video - but it is difficult to make out exactly what she is saying.
TV talk show veteran Barbara Walters even weighed into the row, claiming on The View that Nicki had told Mariah: 'If I had a gun, I would shoot that b****.'
Walters went on to explain during an edition of the show which aired in October: 'She said she is very concerned, she's with her twins, she doesn't feel that anything would happen, but Nicki is unpredictable and Mariah says she can't take a chance and has hired extra security.'
This is my truth, tell me yours: Nicki ranted about Barbara Walters' role in her row with Mariah
This is my truth, tell me yours: Nicki ranted about Barbara Walters' role in her row with Mariah
Denial: Nicki says she 'never said I was a gangster' in response to a claim made by Mariah
Denial: Nicki maintains 'I never said I was a gangster' in response to a claim made by Mariah through TV host Barbara Walters

Unhappy: Minaj makes sure her point of view gets across after video of the row hit the Internet
Unhappy: Minaj makes sure her point of view gets across after video of the row hit the Internet
But in My Truth, Nicki refutes Mariah's comments, and blasts Walters.
'Am I not good enough for you to get my side because I’m a little black girl that raps?' she declares, seemingly referring to Walters' failure to ask her for comment.
'If I was JLo you would have called J-Lo's camp - so are we not good enough for you?' she asks. 'I did not say I was a gangster, I would never say that.'
She continues: 'Then I hear that Mariah went to Barbara Walters with more fabrications which even the producers said I never said. I've never in my life said anything regarding a gun.'

Thinking pink: Nicki is seen continuing to film the music video for her single Hey Boys
Thinking pink: Nicki is seen continuing to film the music video for her single Hey Boys
Pink Friday: The singer mimed to the song in front of a bright pink care sporting a white leotard over pink leggings
Pink Friday: The singer mimed to the song in front of a bright pink care sporting a white leotard over pink leggings
Roman reloaded: The singer sported a bright yellow wig and leopardskin baseball cap for some scenes
Roman reloaded: The singer sported a bright yellow wig and leopardskin baseball cap for some scenes
Perhaps surprisingly, Nicki goes on to praise Mariah and says she's glad she's on Idol.
'I'm happy that Mariah's on the panel,' she says. 'You got one of the best singers who ever sung on the world. But you have a problem with me being on there.

'In life, you react, and what you saw was a reaction. Leading up to it, there was a lot of passive aggressive comments. It was another way to get me off the show.'
In a warning shot for Mariah, Nicki adds: 'We're having a great time on Idol. No-one going to run me off that mother f****** show.'
Demon barber: The video for Hey Boys ended with a barber's shop being burned down, with the clientèle dead
Demon barber: The video for Hey Boys ended with a barber's shop being burned down, with the clientèle dead

Let loose with the clippers: Nicki tries to clip the hair of one of her friends on the video set
Let loose with the clippers: Nicki tries to clip the hair of one of her friends on the video set
Earlier in the show, Nicki is seen busy filming her new music video The Boys, which involves her she burns a barber's shop to the ground.
The singer insists the video shoot is a closed set, preventing leaks to the Internet.
'We always have a closed set on the videos because you always want to present it in the right way,' she says. 'I got a little nervous about leaks this time.

'We just want to keep it a secret - is that wrong? That doesn't make me a b**** does it?'
Moment for life: Nicki has more pressing concerns with the set list, costumes and choreography still to be finalised for her world tour
Moment for life: Nicki has more pressing concerns with the set list, costumes and choreography still to be finalised for her world tour

The tour's the thing: Nicki and her tour creative director going over designs for her tour outfits
The tour's the thing: Nicki and her tour creative director going over designs for her tour outfits
Eye-catching: Nicki admits she has not seen a single outfit for her tour which begins in seven days
Eye-catching: Nicki admits she has not seen a single outfit for her tour which begins in seven days
But the busy rapper has more pressing concerns, with preparations still to be made for her first headlining tour which starts in seven days.

'I'm still a little bit worried about outfits for the tour, because we still haven't seen one outfit,' she admits.
It's also revealed she has to learn 90 more minutes of choreography for the big show, which involves her sliding down a stripper pole on stage. 

Pole to pole: Nicki slides down a pole in the middle of her rehearsal studios
Pole to pole: Nicki slides down a pole in the middle of her rehearsal studios

Nervous: The star admitted she did not feel 'graceful or athletic' at having to slide down the pole
Nervous: The star admitted she did not feel 'graceful or athletic' at having to slide down the pole
Safety net: Luckily there were dancers and assistants to help her down the pole, and to catch her at the bottom
Safety net: Luckily there were dancers and assistants to help her down the pole, and to catch her at the bottom
The clearly nervous star gives it a go, but complains to her creative director that she doesn't feel 'graceful' doing it.

'I just feel like I'm not graceful. I'm not athletic,' she says, before putting in some more gruelling practice hours.
'Some days I wake up and think: 'There's no way I can get through all this today,' she confesses after the exhausting rehearsal.
Exhausting: Nicki tells viewers she sometimes she think she cannot get through her tiring day
Exhausting: Nicki tells viewers she sometimes she think she cannot get through her tiring day

Not long to go: Nicki has only seven days to perfect the routines for her first ever headlining tour
Not long to go: Nicki has only seven days to perfect  the routines for her first ever headlining tour
She's more excited about getting back into the studio with Lil Wayne at The Hit Factory in Miami 'because he's such a genius.'
Nicki adds: 'Lil Wayne is my heart and my soul. Love him love him love him. I would eat him for breakfast, lunch and dinner if I could. I love him.'
However, their busy careers have meant a lack of time in the studio together, and the heavily tattooed rapper jokes that Nicki is getting above herself after being shot to super stardom.

'I help 'em out them they all go out and buy matching Bentleys,' Wayne jokes.
Working together: Nicki gets more excited about hitting the studio with her friend Lil Wayne
Working together: Nicki gets more excited about hitting the studio with her friend Lil Wayne

Hell yeah: Lil Wayne is one of Nicki's mentors, with the singer telling viewers 'I love him, love him love him'
Hell yeah: Lil Wayne is one of Nicki's mentors, with the singer telling viewers 'I love him, love him love him'
Flashback: Footage is shown of the collaborators working together 'a few months ago'
Flashback: Footage is shown of the collaborators working together 'a few months ago'
Nicki adds: 'It was important for me to show him that no matter where I am in my career, I wanted to show him I'm the same Nicki who was always thirsty to be in the studio with him.'
The pair work on song Hell Yeah together in the studio, and Nicki remarks on the differences between their approaches to music. 
'He doesn't write like I write,' she says. 'He thinks his verses, then he memorises them, and he'll record them.'
Striking: Minaj is seen looking stunning in a black and grey dress to film her section in Alicia Keys¿ Girl on Fire video at her mansion in Malibu
Striking: Minaj is seen looking stunning in a black and grey dress to film her section in Alicia Keys’ Girl on Fire video at her mansion in Malibu

Self deprecating: The singer joked that she looked like she didn't want to be there as she watched playback of herself
Self deprecating: The singer joked that she looked like she didn't want to be there as she watched playback of herself

Psycho: The star wasn't too impressed with her performance
Psycho: The star wasn't too impressed with her performance
However, she is forced leave Wayne in the studio to film more Idol, before returning to shoot her part in Alicia Keys’ Girl on Fire video at her mansion in Malibu.
In a self deprecating moment, the star watches herself on the TV monitor and jokes that she looks less than excited to be there.
'Now I have to see what you guys see - I am a f******* psycho b****,' she declares.
Has anyone noticed I'm starving? The singer berates her entourage for their lack of attention
Has anyone noticed I'm starving? The singer berates her entourage for their lack of attention

Time to eat: The star cheers up when she finally manages to find some food
Time to eat: The star cheers up when she finally manages to find some food
The warts and all reality show is not without its diva moments though.

'Does anyone care that I'm hungry and am about to pass out?' she shouts to her entourage. 'Don't answer all at once guys.'

And in a teaser for next week's show - the last in the three-part series - she lays into several crew members about the lack of preparation and technical errors in the stage lighting and set up for her long awaited tour.
Secrets of the show: Nicki is seen trying to work out the tour's playlist from her computer
Secrets of the show: Nicki is seen trying to work out the tour's playlist on her computer

No comments:

Post a Comment